Re: TCL/TK-problem with wordnet

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 10:50:32AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm responsible for the wordnet package.  I run into big
> problems with the new tcl/tk packages now.  I have installed
> the the following packages from potato:
>

> Package: tcl7.6
>  TCL is a powerful, easy to use, interpreted scripting language.
>
> Package: tcl8.0
>  TCL is a powerful, easy to use, interpreted scripting language.
>
> I havn't any idea from tcl/tk programming and so I was happy everytime
> when the tcl/tk based UI of wordnet called wnb was working right.
> Unfortunately it doesn't with the packages mentioned above.  It
> breaks with a very curious message:

These two packages are not complementary -- IIRC, they use alternatives
so that only one is ever used at a time.  Check your setup to see which
one is being called (ls -l /etc/alternatives/wish should give you an idea).
My guess is that you have tcl7.6 as the default, which is outdated.  If
so, you probably want to remove tcl7.6 and just have tcl8.0 installed
(and the appropriate tk package as well, of course).

-- Nathaniel