TCL/TK-problem with wordnet

Hello,

I'm responsible for the wordnet package.  I run into big
problems with the new tcl/tk packages now.  I have installed
the the following packages from potato:

Package: tcl7.6
 TCL is a powerful, easy to use, interpreted scripting language.

Package: tcl8.0
 TCL is a powerful, easy to use, interpreted scripting language.

I havn't any idea from tcl/tk programming and so I was happy everytime
when the tcl/tk based UI of wordnet called wnb was working right.
Unfortunately it doesn't with the packages mentioned above.  It
breaks with a very curious message:

Error in Tcl Script

Error: syntax error in expression
"z #@\x18\x0e,@à & z"

When I press the button "stack trace" I get:

syntax error in expression "z?#@Error,@à & z"
    while executing
"expr $bitfield & [bit $abssearchtypenumber]"
    (procedure "displayvalidsearchmenus" line 20)
    invoked from within
"displayvalidsearchmenus $g_searchword"
    (procedure "golookup" line 10)
    invoked from within
"golookup"
    (command bound to event)

Could anyone try to fix that problem?  If not I have to downgrade
to an older tcl/tk version which I dosn't like because it would
enforce some people to install older versions.

Kind regards and thanks for the help

          Andreas.