Re: intent to package tex documentation

* John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu> writes:

>   One problem:  the latex documents sometimes give examples of  precisely how
> equations will be laid out.  These will be ruined on converting to html.

Hmm. How are you coming to this conclusion? AFAIK, TTH is the only
TeX-to-HTML converter that does *not* convert equations into
graphics. Every other converter will just do that and thus preserve
the layout. There might be other cases where exact layout is needed,
but not provided by converters, though.

All in all, I think the idea about docs is good, but really make sure
that all the information is still considered correct. Unfortunately,
even teTeX (at least the version included in slink, don´t know about
teTeX-1.0.x) has docs that are way obsolete.

Cheers,
  Colin

--
Colin Marquardt <colin.marquardt@gmx.de>