Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registere

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 01:28:20AM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> David Welton <davidw@master.debian.org> writes:
>
> > And even if it is, it should at least be communicated to the people
> > applying to be new maintainers.  Is it indeed the case that you (the
> > non-maintainers waiting on their applications) have been told nothing
> > about this 'freeze'?  IRC does not count.
>
> I'm not going to even begin to comment on any other aspect of this
> thread for various reasons, but this last point which has come up at
> least twice is annoying me.  I didn't (to the best of my knowledge)
> announce anything on IRC.  I responded *in private* to a private
> question from a new-maintainer applicant about the status of his
> application.  The fact that the question was posed and answered on IRC
> is entirely irrelevant; it could just as well have been done by email,
> phone, video conferencing, telepathy, real life chat or whatever.

I think David's problem is that it wasn't announced on -devel even once during
this whole thread. I think this is the first time (forgive me if I am mistaken).

Sarel Botha          |     Computer &           | +27 341 81341
(sjb@dundee.lia.net) |        Accounting        | BOX 2065, Dundee