Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registere

David Welton <davidw@master.debian.org> writes:

> And even if it is, it should at least be communicated to the people
> applying to be new maintainers.  Is it indeed the case that you (the
> non-maintainers waiting on their applications) have been told nothing
> about this 'freeze'?  IRC does not count.

I'm not going to even begin to comment on any other aspect of this
thread for various reasons, but this last point which has come up at
least twice is annoying me.  I didn't (to the best of my knowledge)
announce anything on IRC.  I responded *in private* to a private
question from a new-maintainer applicant about the status of his
application.  The fact that the question was posed and answered on IRC
is entirely irrelevant; it could just as well have been done by email,
phone, video conferencing, telepathy, real life chat or whatever.

--
James