Re: Debian Xconfigurator?

Marques Johansson <displague@linuxfan.com> writes:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
>
> > Neither do I, and I wish I could find some.  The formula for modelines that
> > actually come out looking right seems to be a jealously guarded secret.
> > What club do you have to join to get this information?
>
> The file is VideoModes.doc by Eric Raymond.
> On my system it is here - /usr/doc/X11.xbase-old/VideoModes.doc
> I don't know if it is still in the xbase package (isn't that package
> wiped?)
>
> Either way, I'm sure you can find it now that you know the filename.

Unfortunately, the file doesn't seem to be named that on my slink
system.  I found it in /usr/doc/HOWTO/XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO.gz
(or you could look at the html equivalent).  I think there is actually
a related documentation bug in xserver-common in that
/usr/doc/xserver-common/README.Config.gz refers to VideoModes.doc by
Eric Raymond without stating how to find it in debian systems.

Hope that's useful.

--Miguel