Re: New logo already in use?

On Fri, Jul 30, 1999 at 02:42:11PM -0700, Mark M wrote:
> I don't know much about logos or the registration of
> trademarks etc, but I thought I'd let you know that at
> the end of last year I bought some wine glasses with an
> almost identical logo to your new logo (the one without
> the bottle, or the "pigs tail" as -user describes it).

As long as the wine glasses are not powered by Linux or Debian tries to go
into the spirituous business I don't see a problem. AFAIK, trademarks are
seperated by fields of endeavor, so a trademark for a washing powder does
not collide with one for a software company, even if both are similar in
some way.

Having said that, it would be cool to have wine glasses with the Debian logo
on them :)

Thanks,
Marcus