Re: 6th International Linux-Kongress

On 99-08-05 Edward Betts wrote:
> I notice that Roman Hodek and Martin Schulze are running a tutorial, so I
> presume that they are going. Will the tutorial be in German or English? I only
> speak a couple of words of German.

Well I don't know, but I think the main language will be English as the
webpage (www.linux-kongress) is in English and it's a event for people
from everywhere.

> What is everybody doing for accomidation? Is there any provided on the
> University site? Is there a Debian booth I can help out in, or is it not that
> type of conference, or would my like of German prevent me from assisting?
> As I am a Debian Developer, can I get in for free (well it is worth trying).

Well, there's a list debian-events-de, which we will use to coordinate a
Debian both on the Linux-Kongress. I'm in contact with the organizers [1]
and I have an statement that Debian will get a booth there for free. But
the place to stay overnight won't be free. But I'm trying to figure this
out at the moment. So I would suggest that every developer who is
interested in helping at this booth subscribe to debian-events-de [2]
and tommorrow evening I will send out a summary of my current
information stand.

Cheers
       Christian

[1] I'm not going to organize the debian-booth completely, but I'm going
to help Joey and some other as possible. I don't know if I will have
enough time to come, but I hope so.

[2] Send a mail to majordomo@infodrom.north.de with "subscribe
debian-events-de" in the body.
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *