RPC timeouts with current potato

I'm seeing a problem on a machine running NIS with RPC timeouts.  My
ypserver starts fine, but once I start to access it, I start getting
timeouts.  This has happened since I upgraded to glibc-2.1.2-pre<x>, _and_
I rebooted.  It actually restarted out of the blue after I crashed my
machine (ran it out of virtual memory) and rebooted.

I'm not subscribed to this list any more so please Cc me if anyone has any
suggestions about this.  After reviewing DejaNews, I think that bugs 42038,
42097, and 42138 are all about this same problem...

Thanks,
        Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin | Clifton Labs, Inc. | Senior Computer Engineer |