Re: Proposal: Network configuration file format

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:

> Here is my proposal for a network configuration file format. It is one
> config file containing all data needed for the network configuration.
> This includes the interface configuration and routing and firewall

I have two concerns:

   * Supporting laptop users that require alternate configurations.

     The pcmcia package supports this to a degree.  Any new scheme
     should have similar capabilities and be useable by this
     package.

   * The configuration system should fully support all options that
     the standard tools do.

--
Jean Pierre