Re: RPC timeouts with current potato

Alex Romosan <romosan@adonis.lbl.gov> writes:

> recompiling the package seems to have done the trick for me. you can
> get my compiled version of the nis package by anonymous ftp from
> caliban.lbl.gov in /pub/debian/i386/nis_3.4-1_i386.deb. hope this
> helps.

Bingo!  A recompile on my machine fixed it as well.  For anyone who has
problems compiling it - I had to install libgdbmg1-dev to get it to
compile.  Without it, it configured but failed to compile with a fairly
obscure message:
yp_db.c:171: warning: implicit declaration of function `dbm_firstkey'
yp_db.c:171: incompatible types in assignment
yp_db.c:175: warning: implicit declaration of function `dbm_nextkey'
yp_db.c:175: incompatible types in assignment
yp_db.c:179: incompatible types in assignment

Thanks for the help - I've been living with timeouts for a couple of days
now and it's been really bugging me :-)

Later,
        Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin | Clifton Labs, Inc. | Senior Computer Engineer |