ITP: libnet-ssleay-perl, webmin

Hello,

Net::SSLeay is simply a perl module for SSL. It comes with the original
ssleay licence, so it can go to non-us/main.

Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix.
Using any browser that supports tables and forms, you can setup user
accounts, Apache, internet services, DNS, file sharing and so on.

Webmin consists of a simple web server, and a number of CGI programs
which directly update system files like /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/passwd.
The web server and all CGI programs are written in Perl version 5, and use
only the standard perl modules.

So it is something like linuxconf, though it seems much less intrusive,
and with a much nicer user interface. It has a problematic licence,
actually no formal licence written, just the following several lines on
the website:

   Versions of Webmin before 1.0 are available for free download, use and
   redistribution. You may re-distribute a version with additional
   modules, or change existing code for your own use, but may not
   re-distribute a modified version of the original code. Changes to the
   core modules may be submitted back to me for inclusion into the base
   distribution.

I've contacted the author about this licence problem, I'll try to convince
him to switch to a DFSG-compliant licence. Until then I won't package it.

Anyway It can use the above mentioned Net::SSLeay for secure http
connections, so I was wondering how to handle this dependency. It can work
without it, it is a config option to turn ssleay on. So should it be in
main with a
Suggests: libnet-ssleay-perl and when someone wants to turn ssl on, then
issue a warning about it, or should I just put it to non-us/main and
Depend: libnet-ssleay-perl ?

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org