Re: ITP exscan and penguineyes and RFP srp (New Intents added and old one revoked)

At around Mon, 2 Aug 1999 12:39:17 -0700,
 Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> may have mentioned:

> Michael Stone wrote:
> > I think there are going to be a lot more people looking for lsh the
> > free ssh than lsh the dos compatability shell.
>
> Yes, there certianly will be. The problem is that if the current lsh is
> renamed and psst takes its place, then anyone who currently has lsh
> installed and actually uses it will suddently find theri shell vanishes.
> That's not very nice.

i agree that wouldn't be very nice.

however, i wonder whether this is a significant problem in this case
-- are there that many people actually using lsh (perhaps the number
of people doesn't matter...)?  my impression from trying it out
recently and reading the psst list is that it still isn't usable for
many tasks (perhaps others have a different experience...)

any comments?