Re: Potato, Kernel 2.2 -> 2.4

That's a joke, right?  You may remember that there were a LOT of changes from
the 2.0 kernel to the 2.2 kernel, as far as updated packages being required.
When slink came out, it HAD all the updated packages in it, so for SLINK, it
wasn't a problem.  But going from slink to a 2.4 kernel would probably be a BAD
idea, since 2.4 will require patched versions of all the system utilities.
Also, there are rumors of an ext3 filesystem being a goal of the 2.4 kernel.
This implies that we will need the tools for the ext3 before we claim we are
"Linux 2.4 kernel ready".

							Dave Bristel