Re: dselect and customizable key bindings

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 10:28:54AM +0900, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:
(persistent keybindings within one install method)
> i don't see a problem w/ some choosing from a set of keybindings and to
> have this choice be persistent as mentioned above.  as far as tweaking

I tend to install with diffrent methods throught the times. Nobody can
live with his good old Debian CD the rest of his life.
Even a distribution-persistent won't do: there comes times when you
install the whole distribution all over again. And at last then you
may get lost with your keys.

>    'happens if a newbie...'
> could be mitigated greatly if there were two modes 'beginner/newbie' and
> 'advanced' for dselect -- not that i really think it is necessary.

Again: People tend to consider themselves experts, choose the
advanced mode, get lost and feed the Dedian CD to the dog.

I'm not saying this is a problem with the current user base but
when people from the street gets on Debian...

> > Well, there's my pennies, I'm off to a week long trip now. :)
> if you get this before you leave on or during your trip, have a nice
> trip.  if you get it after you get back, i hope you had a pleasant trip :-)

Got it just before. Thanks.
Now running for my life to catch the bus. ;-)

    Panu

--
   Panu Hällfors, panupa@iki.fi
    http://www.iki.fi/panupa/