Xlib, or I'm an idiot...again

I upgraded my system to potato a week or so ago, and since then mozilla
will not load.

I just built the newest version of xcircuit, and it refuses to load for
the same reasons given by mozilla.

Xlib: Client is not authorised to connect to server
Error: Can't open display :0.0

I also can't seem to ftp into this machine any more (and I did it all the
time before the upgrade), are all these issues related?

What do I do to fix this?

Waiting is,

Dwarf