Re: Policy for default mount points?

Just a note: I prefer mounting under /mnt and providing symlinks when
necessary.

As for group projects, the little experience I've had with it, I've put
under /usr/local/projects, and created directories/groups as necessary.

I prefer /var for system-wide, admin or daemon changed data (ie, /var/log
and /var/www).

Overall, though, I do have to commend the debian file distribution, its
amazingly self-consistent, I rarely have problems finding anything (on
Red Hat systems I have a devil of a time finding anything)

The big solaris boxen up here at the school do use a /project directory,
tho (then again, they use /www, /export, /ftp, /public, and about a dozen
other directories that I find unnecessary to have in the root directory)

jeff