host-inspecific configuration files

In the gEDA packages I've put the configuration files in /etc.
Some folks on the geda mailing list say this is wrong; the FHS says that
host-specific configuration files belong in /etc; it doesn't say that all
configuration files belong in /etc, which seems to be how we're using it.
The geda configuration files would by default go into /usr/share/gEDA.

Comments welcome. The FHS does not say where other configuration files
should go. They're text files and they can be shared, so /usr/share
seems sensible. I expect lintian would complain about conffiles outside
of /etc though.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).