Re: hardlinked hosts.equiv

On Mon, Jul 26, 1999, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> I don't understand how this is possible. Do you really mean hard
> link ?
Yes, I really mean hardlink :-)

> If you first create the client's file, and then hardlink the server's
> to it, does it still work ?
No, I tried this trick but rlogin is still waiting for me to enter my
password. It seems that rlogind won't read (or won't be able to read ?)
the /etc/hosts.equiv file is the hardlink counter is > 1. I tried the
whole thing with different kernels (2.0.32, 2.0.36, 2.2.10), and the
r-services always have the same behaviour. I don't have enough time now,
but as noone seems to know where this strangeness come from, I will have
a look at the source code soon.

Best regards,

--
MaXX