Re: pristine source for an unmaintained program?

On Sun, Jul 25, 1999 at 12:57:19PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> Should I use the pristine source + debian patch approach even for a
> package not maintained upstream since 1992?

this is really left to your discretion. If it is free software, you can take
over maintenance of the program. IMO, you are already doing that by
packaging an abandoned software for Debian.

But for reference (so one can see what was the original code and what was
written by you), you may want to keep a copy of the original tar file around
(on your home machine).

Thanks,
Marcus