Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registered Debian developer

On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 01:36:55PM -0400, Brian Almeida wrote:
> One of the phases in the new maintainership is a phone call from the
> new-maintainer team to verify their views on Free software and that
> they agree to follow the social contract.  That's what debian is really
> all about, folks.

True. It's worth mentioning that the phone call has not existed for
all time, though -- back when I became a developer (roughly two years ago),
when Klee and others were new-maintainer, there was no such thing.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).