Re: Configuring postgresql

Le Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 06:38:26PM -0500, Douglas Bates écrivait:
> I'm having trouble trying to install the postgresql_6.5-3 package in a
> potato system.  Is there a known work-around for the following error?

How did you install those packages ? By hand ? Or with apt ?

>  Setting up postgresql (6.5-3) ...
>  /var/lib/dpkg/info/postgresql.postinst: /etc/postgresql/postmaster.init: No such file or directory

But it does exist in the postgresql package :
~@p200$ dpkg -S /etc/postgresql/postmaster.init
postgresql: /etc/postgresql/postmaster.init

Do you have /etc read-only mounted ?

>  dpkg: error processing postgresql (--configure):
>   subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of postgresql-contrib:
>   postgresql-contrib depends on postgresql (>= 6.4); however:
>    Package postgresql is not configured yet.
>  dpkg: error processing postgresql-contrib (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>  dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of postgresql-pl:
>   postgresql-pl depends on postgresql (>= 6.4); however:
>    Package postgresql is not configured yet.
>  dpkg: error processing postgresql-pl (--configure):
>   dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

That's the consequence of the first fail ...

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/