Re: new-maintainer@debian.org dead?

On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 08:52:34AM -0400, Dan Brosemer wrote:
> > > So now I ask here if that list is dead, routet to /dev/null or so
> > > filled up with requests that not even a "You application has be
> > > received, please wait" mail can be send back?
> >
> > They are overworked. The best way to become a developer now is to
> > pick some orphaned packages from WNPP[1] and adopt them - people who
> > do that, I believe, are most welcome :)
> >
> > [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/prospective-packages.html
>
> In that case, how do we get pgp keys verified so we can upload?

Tell new-maintaner team (and the old package maintainer) that you
want to adopt a package, and you should get processed faster.

Actually, I'd expect this kind of behavior if I were you[1], it is
normal that we first want to clean up existing packages, getting
new packages in is much lower priority. Among existing packages,
the orphaned ones are usually those in which someone needs to put
most work to make them meet the latest standards/policy.

This is all, of course, just IMHO., but I get a feeling that
the new-maintainer group agrees.

[1] referring to any prospective developer, not just you.

--
enJoy -*/\*- spelled 'iosip', or simply 'joseph'