Re: mipsel target

> There are "mips" and "mipsel" (Big and Little Endian).
>
> Although i thought that Big Endian is called "mipseb" but this
> seems not to be true.

dunno how official, but mipseb/mipsel is what i've always seen them called,
at least when it was necessary to differentiate between the two.

> I began to work on the Debian/mipsel which is quiete difficult
> as i have a running System (Half selfmade and half Redhat) on
> mips and tried now to compile packages. This was half
> successful (although the dependencies were broken as expected)

ulf carlsson (ulfc@thepuffingroup.com) has been working on this, as well.
apparently he has made a number of packages already (he helped port linux
to the sgi) - you may wish to contact him. he can't upload his packages,
since he is not yet a developer. however, even when i sign his PGP key
at OLS this week, he'll have to go through new-maintainer....

--
Justin Maurer                                justin@linux.hypnotic.org
IFT Systems, Inc.                            http://linux.hypnotic.org