Re: How to access mailserver

On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 02:06:05PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Michael Beattie wrote:
>
> > smtp		stream	tcp	nowait	mail	/usr/sbin/exim exim -bs
> >
> > (the gaps are TAB's)
> I did copied it via mouse `cut-n-paste` (gpm) into inetd.conf
> but it did't work.  My solution was to eneable the start of exim
> as daemon.  This is the only way it worked for me.

You need to tell inetd about the changes if you didn't do so.

  /etc/init.d/netbase reload

should reload the config file for inetd. If you're running exim as a
daemon, kill it before trying to switch to inetd.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com