Re: value of LANG

From: Petr Cech <cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Subject: Re: value of LANG
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:07:10 +0200

From: Anthony Wong <hajime@asunaro.dhs.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 23:53:12 +0800

> |And I wonder what is a standard value of LANG for Chinese and
> |Korean.
>
> For Chinese, there are 2 main locales, one for Traditional Chinese
> and one for Simplified Chinese. The locales are zh_CN.GB2312 and
> zh_TW.Big5 respectively.

Thank you for your informations. The value zh_* for Chinese
is a bit surprise to me because I expected it as ch_* or cn_* :-)

So I would like to know the value of LANG for Korean people;
is it ko_KO* or kr_KR* or something unexpected one ?

Thanks again for your replies.

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>