Re: September Release?

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 09:24:56PM -0700, David Starner wrote:
> And Brandon seems to think that he can fit X 4.0 in this cycles, which
> would be nice.

Two corrections:

1) My name is spelled Branden, unless someone else is planning to package
XFree86 and hasn't told me.  :)

2) It is 3.3.4 I think I can fit into this cycle.  It is supposed to have
already been released; I don't know what is holding it up.  XFree86 4.0 is
not supposed to be released until the end of the year, at least.

But yes, I will protest most strongly if we freeze before I get 3.3.4
packaged.  I got way too much grief from people for leaving 3.3.2.3 in
slink even though our freeze schedule pretty much made that decision for
me.

BTW, I am physically and psychologically prepared to get 3.3.4 out VERY
soon after it is released.  My personal goal is to have a test build
available within 24 hours of 3.3.4's release.  This first test build won't
be for the faint of heart (I'll have to drop some/most of the
Debian-specific patches as it takes a lot of time to migrate them to a new
upstream release), but it will be out there.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |     I've made up my mind.  Don't try to
Debian GNU/Linux                 |     confuse me with the facts.