Re: Package maintainer scripts

On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 05:25:38PM +0200, Jerome Marant wrote:
> Can I find somewhere skeletons for postinst, preinst, postrm and prerm
> scripts so avoiding the whole rewriting that leads to many bugs ?

You could always use mine.

apt-get source xfree86-1

and then look in xfree86-1-3.3.3.1/debian for *.template files.

If you have a slow link you will want to manipulate the source package on a
remote machine with a fast connection to the net.  The XFree86 source
package is huge.

Better yet, I'll MIME-attach them.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |     One man's theology is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                 |     belly laugh.

set -e

trap "echo ;\
      echo 'Received signal.  Aborting installation of FOO package.' ;\
      echo ;\
      exit 1" 1 2 3 15

case "$1" in
  install|upgrade) ;;
  abort-upgrade) exit 0 ;;
  *)
    echo "ERROR: FOO preinst called with unknown argument \"$1\"."
    echo "Aborting installation of FOO package."
    exit 1 ;;
esac

exit
#!/bin/sh
# Debian FOO package post-installation script
# Copyright 1998, 1999 Branden Robinson.  Licensed under the GNU GPL.
# Acknowlegements to Stephen Early, Mark Eichin, and Manoj Srivastava.

set -e

# cleanup () {
#   # unroll changes in FOO preinst
# }

trap "echo ;\
      echo 'Received signal.  Aborting configuration of FOO package.' ;\
      # echo -n 'Cleaning up...' ;\
      # cleanup ;\
      # echo 'done.' ;\
      echo ;\
      exit 1" 1 2 3 15

case "$1" in
  configure) ;;
  abort-upgrade|abort-remove|abort-deconfigure)
    # cleanup
    exit 0 ;;
  *)
    echo "ERROR: FOO postinst called with unknown argument \"$1\"."
    echo "Aborting configuration of FOO package."
    # echo -n "Cleaning up..."
    # cleanup
    # echo "done."
    exit 1 ;;
esac

exit
#!/bin/sh
# Debian FOO package pre-removal script
# Copyright 1998, 1999 Branden Robinson.  Licensed under the GNU GPL.
# Acknowlegements to Stephen Early, Mark Eichin, and Manoj Srivastava.

set -e

trap "echo ;\
      echo 'Received signal.  Aborting removal of FOO package.' ;\
      echo ;\
      exit 1" 1 2 3 15

case "$1" in
  remove) ;;
  upgrade|failed-upgrade|deconfigure) exit 0 ;;
  *)
    echo "ERROR: FOO prerm called with unknown argument \"$1\"."
    echo "Aborting removal of FOO package."
    exit 1 ;;
esac

exit
#!/bin/sh
# Debian FOO package post-removal script
# Copyright 1998, 1999 Branden Robinson.  Licensed under the GNU GPL.
# Acknowlegements to Stephen Early, Mark Eichin, and Manoj Srivastava.

set -e

trap "echo ;\
      echo 'Received signal.  Aborting removal of FOO package.' ;\
      echo ;\
      exit 1" 1 2 3 15

case "$1" in
  remove) ;;
  purge) ;;
  upgrade|failed-upgrade|abort-install|abort-upgrade|disappear) exit 0 ;;
  *)
    echo "ERROR: FOO postrm called with unknown argument \"$1\"."