Re: Intent to package: devfsd

On Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 12:07:23PM -0400, Elie Rosenblum wrote:
> I've never built a kernel-patch package, so if you can actually
> build one in a reasonable amount of time, that may be the best
> way.

Actually, I've never built a kernel-patch package either... but I should
have a fair amount of time available to work on it, so I'm pretty sure I
can put it together reasonably fast.  With a little luck I'll be able to
start on it tonight - worst case would be tomorrow afternoon.

> I have no problem turning this into a cooperative project; e-mail
> me outside of the list if you want an account on my development
> box, or we can just package up the different parts of it seperately
> for release.

Since the kernel patch itself is more or less self-contained, I can
probably take care of that portion from here.  If I'm wrong about that,
you will (of course) be the first to know. :-)

> My plan was to make it available for a while just on my web site,
> until we think it works well enough to upload to experimental and
> then unstable, after we get some real test users (I'm already
> running devfs on my devel server, and running my current devfsd
> package for persistence).

Sounds good to me!  Talk with you soon.