Re: Berlin & FSSTND/FHS

> > Would we be violating policy if we created /usr/Berlin?
>
> Yes, in a big way.  Note that GNUstep was not allowed to do this either.

Well, I have been waiting for this for a long-long time :)
GNUstep argument doesn't hold up as GNUstep is just another X application,
whereas Berlin is an alternative to X windowing system (don't know how viable
though).  I am all for creating /usr/Berlin. This will allow to have several
binaries of the same GUI program (say netscape, lyx, gftp, or whatever) to
be compiled to either X libs or Berlin libs and placed to /usr/X11R6/bin/
and /usr/Berlin/bin (or whatever) accordingly.

Alex Y.
--
   _
 _( )_