Re: Postfix as default MTA?

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 12:02:56PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >require forking a large process so that it can in turn exec a small
> >one.
>
>     Oh god, right there, no.  1000% *NO*.  I really disliked qmail's
> segmented architecture.

That seems to be the problem.

> >As for heavy loads, as someone else pointed out, postfix delivers all
> >the freebsd mailing lists, plus some ietf or internic stuff---I
> >honestly forget.
>
>     Right, but do we have that for all MTAs so we can compare?  See what I'm
> getting at.  People are making comparisons based on incomplete data.

Ok - Switch to sendmail ... mostly used MTA.

The technical best product is NOT the most used one.
BTW: It was only a prove of the reliability and robustness of postfix.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three).  (RFC 1925)