Re: libtool problem with ImageMagick

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Scott Ellis wrote:
>
> > Actually, it is more of a problem of the imagemagick sources trying to be
> > too cute for their own good and compile the perlmagick extension at the
> > same time.  I'm not certain there is a useful fix for this, other than to
> > not build the perl extension here, but to get the broken-out perlmagick
> > source and build it seperately (it used to be done that way anyhow).
> I don't think so because the libMagick library was build successfully
> (the find-log showed it) and in my opinion it is the task to ensure
> that it can be found by the linker.
>
> But you might know it better because of dealing with the package in the
> past ...  It was just a suspection of mine which was born from the
> knowledge of other far less complex packages.

The glitch here, as I see it, is that MakeMaker (perl's extension builder)
doesn't have a clue what to do with not-yet-installed libtool libs.  It
might be interesting to teach MakeMaker about them, but that is a task for
someone who is more of a perl guru than I).

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/