Re: libtool problem with ImageMagick

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Scott Ellis wrote:

> Actually, it is more of a problem of the imagemagick sources trying to be
> too cute for their own good and compile the perlmagick extension at the
> same time.  I'm not certain there is a useful fix for this, other than to
> not build the perl extension here, but to get the broken-out perlmagick
> source and build it seperately (it used to be done that way anyhow).
I don't think so because the libMagick library was build successfully
(the find-log showed it) and in my opinion it is the task to ensure
that it can be found by the linker.

But you might know it better because of dealing with the package in the
past ...  It was just a suspection of mine which was born from the
knowledge of other far less complex packages.

Kind regards

           Andreas.