Re: Automatically closing bugs

> On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Julian Gilbey wrote:
>
> > Just to let people know, if they didn't already realise, that the
> > automatic bug-closing feature is *optional* -- if you don't use it,
> > you can just close the bugs manually as before.  And you need the
> > latest version of dpkg-dev in order to be able to do it.
> Of course, but it is a sane feature and I'm very happy about it.
> It shows the technical perfectness of our system and I want to
> say thank you all who developed this at this place.

Absolutely agreed!  If what I wrote was misunderstood, it was intended
as a reply to those who were complaining that it was so difficult to
keep up with what developers *needed* to know.  I was trying to point
out that you do not *need* to know this: it is optional (although very
useful).

BTW, I presume that the changelog is sent to the submitters of the
closed bug reports?

> By the way I managed to use the feature successfully now after
> a second try with xteddy.

Excellent!

   Julian

  Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk