Re: Niced cron jobs

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 09:17:09PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 23-Jun-99, 13:56 (CDT), David Welton <davidw@master.debian.org> wrote:
> > Haven't heard anything about this in a while, so I'm checking up on
> > how it's going...
>
> It was logged as a wishlist bug. I've put it into the default
> /etc/crontab for the next release.

please don't upload that. it would be a complete disaster for anyone
using debian on a heavily loaded server.

nicing the cron jobs is something that sounds nice in theory but is
terrible in practice.

at most, include some notes in a /usr/doc/ file telling people how they
can do it if they want. or suggest that they run anacron.

craig

--
craig sanders