License of patch

From: Taketoshi Sano <xlj06203@nifty.ne.jp>
Subject: Re: ITP: xcalendar-ja
Date: 18 Jun 1999 00:39:23 +0900

>  but I can not find the place for JP patch. Previous maintainer in Debian JP
>  told me that he think the source is released on the newsgroup fj.sources.
>  Now I try to contact the author of JP patch to make assure of the license
>  as well as the place to get the source.

I would like to know, is it necessary to show the license
of a patch in Debian Policy ?

There are packages of Debian which use patch(es) but do not
mention any license about patch(es) applied in copyright.

Thanks in advance, 		1999.6.24

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>