Re: XEmacs 21

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 12:34:43AM +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:
> dres@ioa.com (James LewisMoss) writes:
> > I'm uploading XEmacs 21.1.2 packages to master as I write this.
> > Anyone interested please take a look and let me know what elisp
> > packages you use frequently and you see missing.

i'd be happy if i could use the funky built-in download-your-own
packages feature, but it bombs out with:

 Symbol's value as variable is void: allow-remote-paths

i'm only an xemacs _user_, and i'm not quite up on the elisp
stuff.. am i supposed to have defined allow-remote-paths?

(i've also noticed that its missing outline-mode, which it tends to
use for lots of its own internals, so should probably be included in
the base xemacs21 package)

i'd suggest putting together bundles of xemacs packages, like:
 C/C++(/java?) devel modes
 shell/perl modes
 sgml/html/xml modes
 tex (auctex, x-symbol?) modes
 gnus
 w3
 etc

of course, i'd probably choose to have most of these installed anyway..

--
 - Gus