Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Jun 22, Chris Waters wrote:
> Shane King <thandor@donut.dhis.org> writes:
>
> > The pragmatic approach is just as hypocritical, if not more so. You've
> > basically said it's ok for debian to be pragmatic while telling the users
> > they should not be pragmatic and instead rely on only software which
> > conforms to the DFSG. That is hypocricy, pure and simple.
>
> Oh COME ON people!  We already have the contrib and non-free in a
> separate tree.  Moving it to a separate host will not make it ONE BIT
> harder to find or install.  Claiming that this change will force users
> to rely on "only" DFSG-compliant software is sheer hyberbole!  Buy a
> clue!

I thought the intent of the proposal *was* to make non-free software
harder to find... or at least harder to confuse with main.

(Also, could we keep this discussion on debian-vote, please!)

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence         |        Get your Debian 2.1 CD-ROMs        |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>    |         http://www.lordsutch.com/         |
|    Amiga A4000 604e/233Mhz    |    Join the party that opposed the CDA    |
|     with Linux/APUS 2.2.8     |             http://www.lp.org/            |