Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

 :
 : "J.H.M. Dassen" wrote:
 :
 : > On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 01:27:46 +1000, Shane King wrote:
 : > > The pragmatic approach is just as hypocritical, if not more so. You've
 : > > basically said it's ok for debian to be pragmatic while telling the users
 : > > they should not be pragmatic and instead rely on only software which
 : > > conforms to the DFSG. That is hypocricy, pure and simple.
 : >
 : > > Need I quote the Debian social contract that states:
 : > >
 : > > "4. Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software"
 : >
 : >                 what would you rather have? Pragmatism and working lists or
 : > purism and no lists?
 :
 : Exactly what he's arguing.  So why hide the non-free stuff that
 : even _we_ use.

Who's hiding it?  Are there going to be blackhole routes to
nonfree.debian.org?  I don't think so ...

The distinction is being made so that people can see where the software
is coming from, and choose to avoid the non-free stuff if that's what
they want to do.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD