Re: netscape status?

At 12 Jun 1999 04:17:26 -0400,
Amy Fong <uwd38znr@umail.furryterror.org> wrote:

> I hate to bring Redhat into this but their netscape package actually
> uses a wrap-around script to work around some of the libc6 2.1 bugs. I have
> been using a modified version of it to work with my potato system and it's
> been behaving pretty well so far.

If RedHat one really fixes the problems, it should not be bug of libc 2.1,
but bug of Netscape or Motif.  Please try
/usr/lib/netscape/base-ja-4/libnsfix-wcsmbs.so
in netscape-base-ja-4 package, which you can find in Debian JP Packages,
for examples
 ftp://ftp.debian.or.jp/debian-jp/dists/potato-jp/contrib/binary-i386/web/
 ftp://ftp.debian.or.jp/debian-jp/dists/potato-jp/contrib/source/web/

You think this preload library shows very strange behavior against
its specification, however it makes very much stable than original netscape
navigator, we think.

If it fixes most of your problems, please merge it to debian package.

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI