Re: Intent to package: libgimp-perl [Re: Gimp perl scripts for Debian buttons]

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 04:20:06PM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> Anthony Fok wrote:
> > Since the script uses Gimp-Perl, has anyone packaged libgimp-perl yet?
> > If not, I have claimed it.  :-)  I hereby announce my intention to package
> > libgimp-perl, and I'll upload it shortly.  I hope this package works.  :-)
>
> I have (as the author will tell you).  However, I never uploaded it
> because he also tells me that it will be included in Gimp 1.1 anyway.
> In fact, there were many reasons I never uploaded it - it depended on
> perl 5.005, which we didn't have then, as well as a much newer version
> of PDL than the one we had.

Ah, I see.  Well, we still don't have 5.005 quite ready yet, and gimp 1.1.5
still doesn't contain Gimp-Perl, but I guess it would work for a little
while.  :-)  I basically packaged it up so that I could try out Craig's
script for generating the buttons as well as for my own home pages.  (Yes,
that's my selfish ulterior motive.  :-)

> But, by all means, you can have the package.

Thank you!  :-)  However, by all means, if you like to, feel free to take
over the package any time soon.  :-)

Here is what I just uploaded to master:

 Package: libgimp-perl
 Version: 1.092-1
 Section: interpreters
  The Gimp-Perl module is a Perl extension for writing Gimp
  Extensions/Plug-ins/Load & Save-Handlers.
  .
   Home Page: http://gimp.pages.de/
          or  http://www.goof.com/pcg/marc/gimp.html
   Author: Mark Lehmann <pcg@goof.com>

(Wow, I am amazed how smart lintian is getting!  It knows all of the Perl
module dependencies!  :-)

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada