Re: Automatic access to master

> > Maybe the original poster wasn't using ssh-agent/ssh-add. If you're
> > running X, you can try to set things up automatically. Here's a minimal
> > .xsession to use with xdm. I don't know about startx.
>
> Support for ssh-agent has been put into the default Xsession though. Please
> look at /etc/X11/Xsession (and /etc/X11/Xsession.options if you have recent
> X packages).

further, if you were asked for a *password* (rather than a passphrase for
your idkey) one of two things has happened: either (a) your .ssh2
directories on master and/or the initiating machine do not contain the
authorization and identification file (plus your public key on master and
private key on the originating machine), or you are trying to use a
combination of a debian sshd with a non-debian ssh.

this latter bit me. i am sure it's not the run-time configuration of the two
(because i ran them both with the same one), and i'm not aware of any
buildtime options that should make ssh2 incompatible with other ssh2d's for
public key authentication. i am about to file a bug report if none already
exists.

--p.
"For a price I'd do about anything, except pull the trigger: for that I'd
need a pretty good cause" -- Queensryche, "Revolution Calling"
PGP 5.0 key (0xE024447449) at http://cif.rochester.edu/~jpt/pubkey.txt