Hey! what should I do?

Appologies for being so brash, but my motives are good.

Regarding my previous post (see below):

I think it is important that debian keep a current afterstep package.  A
lot of new users come to linux for the beautiful and customizable look
and feel, and afterstep is one of the leaders in that area.

Personally, I don't care -- I can and do install the latest versions
from tarballs in about 2 minutes, but new users aren't normally willing
ot do that (we discourage it, after all).

I'm only asking for a little direction.  What is appropriate?  Is my
help not wanted?

					-Michael