Re: RFC: future of the smbfs and smbfsx packages

Edward,

> Looks perfect, do it that way.

Where did you send your response? I have only seen Hamish's response.
Can you send it to me? What way you think is best?

> What about 2.3.x does it use the 2.2.x too?
> Or is there no support for 2.3.x by Debian.

So far there have not been any changes in 2.3.x that would require an
upgrade of the smbfs userland utilities.

> Will the smbmount tool eventually disappear as it is intergrated
> into mount like nfs mount is?

I don't think so, for the same reasons Hamish exposed.

Thanks for your comments on this.

peloy.-