Re: RFC: future of the smbfs and smbfsx packages

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 08:09:52AM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> Looks perfect, do it that way. What about 2.3.x does it use the 2.2.x tools?
> Or is there no support for 2.3.x by Debian. Will the smbmount tool eventually
> disappear as it is intergrated into mount like nfs mount is?

It can't really disappear as there is extra information to provide,
like username, password, and possibly an IP address (if the SMB hostname
is not registered in the DNS). I think NFS has none of these special cases.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).