Re: Automatic access to master

Hi,
>>"Stephane" == Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> writes:

 Stephane> On Tuesday 8 June 1999, at 8 h 6, the keyboard of Michael Meskes
 >> meskes@debian.org> wrote:

 >> Is there a way to automatically start a script on master from a remote
 >> machine? I tried using ssh but it keeps asking me for the password.

        You can, indeed, set up shh to allow that.

 Stephane> ssh -v master.debian.org date

__> ssh -v master.debian.org date
SSH Version 1.2.27 [i686-unknown-linux], protocol version 1.5.
Standard version.  Does not use RSAREF.
glaurung: Reading configuration data /home/srivasta/.ssh/config
glaurung: Applying options for *
glaurung: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
glaurung: ssh_connect: getuid 1000 geteuid 0 anon 0
glaurung: Connecting to master.debian.org [209.41.108.5] port 22.
glaurung: Allocated local port 1021.
glaurung: Connection established.
glaurung: Remote protocol version 1.5, remote software version 1.2.26
glaurung: Waiting for server public key.
glaurung: Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
glaurung: Host 'master.debian.org' is known and matches the host key.
glaurung: Initializing random; seed file /home/srivasta/.ssh/random_seed
glaurung: Encryption type: idea
glaurung: Sent encrypted session key.
glaurung: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
glaurung: Received encrypted confirmation.
glaurung: Trying rhosts or /etc/hosts.equiv with RSA host authentication.
glaurung: Server refused our rhosts authentication or host key.
glaurung: Connection to authentication agent opened.
glaurung: Trying RSA authentication via agent with 'srivasta@tiamat'
glaurung: Received RSA challenge from server.
glaurung: Sending response to RSA challenge.
glaurung: Remote: RSA authentication accepted.
glaurung: RSA authentication accepted by server.
glaurung: Requesting compression at level 9.
glaurung: Enabling compression at level 9.
glaurung: Requesting authentication agent forwarding.
glaurung: Sending command: date
glaurung: Entering interactive session.
Tue Jun  8 11:32:26 CDT 1999
glaurung: Transferred: stdin 0, stdout 29, stderr 0 bytes in 2.3 seconds
glaurung: Bytes per second: stdin 0.0, stdout 12.6, stderr 0.0
glaurung: Exit status 0
glaurung: compress outgoing: raw data 11, compressed 20, factor 1.82
glaurung: compress incoming: raw data 40, compressed 48, factor 1.20

 Stephane> And you'll see why SSH asks for a password.

        But it did not.

        manoj
--
 Mencken: "The American public knows what it wants, and deserves to
 get it good and hard."