Re: Bug#38544: Gettext solution (Was: Re: gettext packages)
> It would be good if you or Julian could provide a summary of this thread
> (sorry if you already did), for those who don't have the time to find it all
> out. What are our options?
- The gettext package contains both development stuff and user stuff.
The user stuff certainly includes /usr/bin/gettext, probably the
accompanying catalogs (or at least part of them) and very little
- To internationalise a non-bash shell script requires the use of the
- The base system currently includes the gettext package to have
access to the gettext binary in shell scripts on the boot floppies.
(I think I've got that right, Enrique.)
- The extra development stuff in the current gettext package might
well cause potato to require an extra boot floppy.
- My proposal was to split the user stuff from the development stuff.
Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, see http://www.debian.org/~jdg