Re: #38544: Gettext solution (Was: Re: gettext packages)
- To: email@example.com (Joel Klecker)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: #38544: Gettext solution (Was: Re: gettext packages)
- From: Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:30:41 +0100 (BST)
- Message-id: <E10r0QD-0001br-00@polya>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> from Joel Klecker at "Jun 6, 1999 1:26: 5 pm"
> At 15:13 +0200 1999-06-06, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> >Problem: You can not move only the binary. You would have to move the source
> >also. This would make a huge diff against libc ;-)
> `gettext' is not a very large program, the source is one 8713 byte
> file. Everything it needs is already in libc.
Haven't checked out libc, but are things like getopts included in
libc? Check out the lib/ directory of the gettext package source
code. Also, would want to include the translations of the gettext
strings in the libc catalogs -- this is not hard, though.
Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, see http://www.debian.org/~jdg