Re: [PROPOSED] Swap the "open" and "official" versions of the new logo

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 08:21:38PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> I'm confused regaring Branden's proposal... on one hand, I think Branden's
> idea might be good, we might want to be able to produce visually attractive
> `Debian Used Here' web buttons, which is much easier to accomplish with the
> simpler logo, but on the other hand, I recognize the great value a simple
> logo has for the project and its official components.
Consider this, in reality, the unofficial logo will probably be more widely
associated with Debian.  After all, any joe can get a copy and put it on
his web page to point to debian.  The official logo won't be used as often,
really.