Re: Automatically restart daemons

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Matt Kern wrote:

> > Code in httpd.conf (unless commented) will cause the server not to load.
> > Why would I want code in the httpd.conf file?
>
> It would be commented.  The reason for putting it there is so that you can
> restart the httpd from emacs automatically.

I assuming theres a command in emacs to run the code in the file being
edited or something, in which case just put '#/etc/init.d/apache reload'
in your httpd.conf file.  I would be strongly opposed to putting this
level of emacs-centricity in Debian.  There's no reason to duplicate the
code since the init.d script comes with the package.
							- Tom